Monday 12 May 2014

Art & Design at Chatsworth House

 A few weeks ago I went to Chatsworth House, I hadn't been in the house for years and loved how they mix new modern design and artworks with the traditional ancient pieces of the house. 

Here's a few of my fave things:- beautiful ceramic vessels in the fireplace and upcycled wooden chairs in the wood paneled salon...

 
 a Damien Hirst bronze sculpture of a man holding his own skin in the Chapel, and more ceramics in fireplaces...

  
Amazing frescoed ceiling in the main hall...
 
 Beautiful carpets and more frescoes...

 
 Geology cabinet collection and Georgiana (Keira Knightley played her in the Duchess film)...

   
Marble busts and paintings galore...

 Draped beds & Hand-painted Chinese wallpaper in the most gorgeous green colour...

Minimal landscapes & huge chandeliers.

If only I could have sneaked some of those ceramics, the geology collection, carpets and the wooden chairs in my bag!

{I also went in the garden, but that's a whole other post - stay tuned!}




No comments:

Post a Comment