Sunday 17 February 2013

International Art to See: Europe (part II)

The European art journey continues....here's part 2 of 'International Art to See: Europe —
(If you missed it here's part I)

If I was in Poland I'd see...


image

Realistic & weird sculptures, outsider art, permanent advice benches & huge textile installations in Warsaw...

If I was in Spain I'd see:
 
Architectural art and cubist paintings...


 ...lush landscapes, paintings as photos and more lush landscapes in Madrid...

 
Huge dirt piles in Leon.....Conceptual drawings in Valencia...




Face plates & the legacy of action painting in Barcelona...

 
 
 & Abstract sculpture in Malaga.

If I was in Switzerland I'd see...
 
Ferdinand Hodler                    Calder Gallery at Fondation Beyele

 Visions of the Alps and sculptural mobiles in Basel...


I and the Village

The ordinary turned extraordinary & colourful fantasies in Zurich...
     http://www.kmw.ch/sites/default/files/exhibition/fabro_forza_2003.jpg

http://www.kmw.ch/sites/default/files/exhibition/mone_nympheas_blancs_et__843.jpg
(including this Monet waterlilies painting)


Arte povera photos, free drawings, classic paintings, arte povera sculptures & automatic drawings in Winterthur.

If I was in Austria I'd see...
https://www.belvedere.at/jart/prj3/belvedere/images/cache/735ccd8d151172a785e0df89c9016066/0x020A72AE7BA05CC1B3A39D0D0F0BC53E.jpeg

:
Nightscapes & Japanese Manga in Vienna...
 
Imi Knoebel at Thaddaeus Ropac                                 Anslem Kiefer at Thaddaeus Ropac
 
Colourful sculptural hangings & huge Kiefer paintings in Saltzburg...
If I was in Denmark I'd see... 
 

Past Present Future, Anish Kapoor, 2006 Yves Klein, Installation MAMAC, Nice 2012. Foto Muriel Anssens

Munch, see through colour and sculptural colour in Aarhus...


 
[details] at Statens                              Willie Doherty: Secretion at Statens

 Small details and a film about invisible fear in Copenhagen.

If I was in Ireland I'd see...
Mary Swanzy, Woman with white bonnet, 1920 circa, Oil on canvas, 99 x 80 cm, Private Collection U.K. Courtesy of Pyms Gallery, London, © Artist's Estate. Photo Credit © Pyms Gallery, London.

Everyday beautiful paintings & cubism in Dublin.

If I was in Lichtenstein I'd see..
KikiSmith_Born_500x300.jpg TonySmith_Memphis_500x370.jpg
 
The Smith family sculpture in Vaduz.

These posts are getting longer and longer, so many amazing exhibitions to see.
What would you go see?

Next up? 'International Art to See: Africa & the Middle East


No comments:

Post a Comment