Saturday 5 January 2013

Books & Book Covers for 2013


I'm a bit of a bookworm and here's some of the tomes, novels, collections, graphic novels and books I'm looking forward to this year. Not just for their stories but for the beautifully designed covers that convey their contents through clever imagery & typography and hold them together.

    
(These top two covers for Sarah Arvio's book were rejected but I still love them, and no wonder as the amazing Peter Mendelsund was involved doing the Art Direction)






After reading Lucy Knisley's 'French Milk' last year- see my post about it here, I can't wait for her next 'Relish' all about food! Yumola

What books are you looking forward to? What are you reading now? You can always see what I'm reading in the sidebar - At the minute I'm reading 11.22.63 by Stephen King and it's an amazing time-travel, murder mystery, love story, world events thriller! 

Images via Good Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment