Thursday 1 December 2011

London 2012 Festival

Adain Avion- mobile art space made from the recycled fuselage of a DC-9 airplane

null
Speed of Light at Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh
Artist Gallery Slideshow
Walking on the Norfolk Coast
Things are starting to really hot up for the London Olympics next year, with a new announcement of somekind each week it seems. I must try go to see the torch relay in June which will pass through my local town of Buxton and I managed to get some tickets to see Athletics in the new stadium yay!! which includes the Men's Shot Put Final & the Womens 10,000m Final!

This week I also found out about some of the art events that are happenning around the country for the London 2012 Festival. Here's a round-up of what I'd like to see: Walking which is going to be an interactive installation/walk along the Norfolk coastline by Robin Wilson which will last approx 4 hrs! The Hadrian's wall installation which will also be designed to be viewed remotely from anywhere in the world through digital media, Speed of Light a light installation around Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh with runners, Adian Avion- a mobile art space made from a recycled airplane fuselage going around Wales and I must get my bells out and ring them on Friday 27th July 2012 to be a part of Martin Creed's Work No. 1197.

(all images from London 2012 Festival)

No comments:

Post a Comment