Tuesday 3 August 2010

Map Drawings: Switzerland + Land & Ocean


I'm just starting another map drawing and thought I'd post these other's I finished a while ago. The top one is 'Mountain Shadows Map' and is the shadows of mountains on a map of Switzerland filled in with black. The other is 'Blue & White Map (Land & Ocean)' with the land filled in blue and the ocean depths and water channels in white.

I'm working on another contour map, paying attention to the grid and the filling in the green areas. I always come back to my maps and I'm not sure if they're becoming too much of a comfort zone and maybe I need to push them further, I do and with each one I complete it is pushed further and just like a drawing/painting/illustration I'm the only one who can know when to stop it or finish it or change it or start it.

No comments:

Post a Comment